Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Hey, it's been even longer

So now in the final month of my medical school career, I get back to posting. Here is a quick summary of what has been going on.

Residency - I matched into Pediatrics. I did apply to both EM and peds since I really liked them both. I also had my significant other's dreams of law school to take into account so my Match list was a mix of EM and pediatrics. I I won't deny that it has caused some awkwardness among some of my EM peeps but what can you do? did get my first choice peds program, which is awesome, and I can't wait to start. (after I enjoy this last month of fewer responsibilities)

Married - I got married in April. We were engaged exactly 5 months to the day. It was wonderful, scary, amazing, and everything in the same time. I can't even being to talk about what it was like. We did the whole Jewish wedding with the Ketubah, Hora, chuppah (aka marriage contract, chair dance, and wedding canopy). We honeymooned on a nice Caribbean cruise, and I can't even start about how lucky I am to be married to such a great man. It is still a little tough to get used to saying my new name and that I am a 'Mrs.'

Sickness - I had my tonsils removed in February for my second peritonsillar abscess. I only burst the scab once and didn't have to be hospitalized overnight for it. Other bad bad news, my dad has colon cancer. We thought we lucked out that we caught it early and it was only stage 2. Our luck didn't last because genetic testing revealed a higher possibility of reoccurrence and he is in a study that gives him some very aggressive chemo. This has been extremely hard on my family. He was able to walk me down the aisle with my mother which was very important to me.

Moving - I am relocating for my residency and my new husband's law school. I am finally moving out of the Midwest to somewhere warm! At least for the three years it will take for me to finish residency. The husband got into a law program he loves - almost like we planned it. ;) It is hard to try to pack everything we own to move to a new state. My brother, who is getting married in July, only has to move across town to his new house.

Med school is ending. Wow, it is really ending and I am going to be a doctor. Wow again.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home