Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bruises

One of the bad things about judo is the bruises. Everyone seems to like to throw from their right - I know, big shocker there. I'm good at dodging those throws, but my right shin and my left knee really take a beating. I'm a little bit worried about explaining to the guy who is buying me dinner this week why there are very obvious finger marks on my arms.

I got my PPD test today. I had to once again explain that I did have a TB free chest Xray back in July. "Someone broke my ribs, but it wasn't on purpose."

I find I look forward to my advanced tap class WAY too much during the day. I know I have to walk an extra two miles to attend, but who can say dancing with metal nailed to your shoes isn't worth it. Not to mention that it is taught by one very nice gay man who loves Xmen. I really do enjoy the class. Absolutely zero med student brain cells are firing during it. I get to learn how to do all sorts of neat tricks, and all the dance stuff sort of translates back to judo. Coach Brian had to tell me my Harai Goshi looked too much like an arabesque today.

This weekend I have my second judo tournament in my life. My dad is coming to watch. Wrestling was his thing in college, so this is the closest I'll ever get to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home