Friday, October 06, 2006

Beware of public libraries

Oh med students, beware of public libraries. Especially if you happen to be visiting one in the middle of the day.

Let me explain. I have recently had some trouble concentrating on learning medicine at my own home. So there is a huge public library right across from my hospital and I decided to study there. I wandered in, and honestly, this was the most books I have ever seen in my entire life. Yes, I have never been to a true city library (the Smithsonian doesn't count), but, again, that is the most books I have ever seen. It just is.

I set out my books and tried to study. Unfortunately, all the books outside my cubby were very clearly looking at me, just asking to be browsed and read. (As you can see, this did not bode well for my studying) I at least showed some restraint and went home with merely 9 books - limited to Foxtrot and 3 other books I had previously read.


Avoid libraries with real books in them, is the lesson of the day.

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Justin said...

If you ever go to New York City and consider yourself a bookworm, you have to stop by Strand

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Allie said...

Not only would I stop by the Strand, I might never leave. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home