Sunday, September 17, 2006

Quality weekend w/my soulmates

Any girl who has watched Sex and the City will remember the episode about soulmates which are actually your closest girlfriends.

My two soulmates, SarahRori, came to Columbus on Friday night for Rori's 24th birthday party. Since Rori and I graduated in 2004, the three of us have been together exactly 4 times. We met for Rori's graduation party in 2004, last October w/our ex's, Christmas 2005, and this Friday.

It was so great to see my two best friends at the same time. We were three single gals having our own celebration and hitting the town. We went to 4 bars, ran into two other birthday parties, discovered B Hamptons doesn't make great drinks, and danced a while at Spice. While my low respect for drunk males has been unchanged, I didn't have to use any of my judo skills to send the not so subtle 'back the h3ll off' messages. The only bloodshed that night was on Sarah who cut her head on a step - don't ask.

Looking back to how much my life has changed since I graduated from college, I find it remarkable that I still have these two amazing people in my life. We figured out that between the three of us, we probably talk every other day. I might only get to see them both every other month, but I know they are there for me. It often takes me a few seconds to wrap my head around the idea that I have known Rori for 6 years and Sarah for 4.

While guys in our live have come and gone, and we've made other friends, some of whom have stayed, some of who have not, it's feels good to be sure the other two are always going to be there. Happy weekend to all three of us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home