Sunday, May 06, 2007

Hardly partying

So here from the land of pediatrics, I'm having a less stressful time than on surgery. Well, the patients are cuter and they aren't as annoying since many of them aren't able to talk yet. It is also less hours than surgery, which means I could go out! And when I say 'go out,' I mean 'drink very lightly.'

Friday night: Birthday Blackout
Drink count: 3
In the ongoing celebration of Stacey's and Aaron's birthday, I attended yet again this year. I left judo early b/c I wasn't feeling so hot, but I perked up a little bit after eating dinner. At the party, I missed Sanjida, ran into Donny, MDave, and Ene, and was easily recognized at the 'video well-wisher' from last year. I've yet to see this year's pictures. However, based on past years, it will be quite exciting. This year I even climbed out the window onto the roof, which I have avoided doing in past years. My window exit had nothing to do with my drinking because I stayed long enough to metabolize my cup of vodka-sprite and Mikes Lemonade.

Saturday night: Cinco de Mayo
Drink count: 1
I was on my way to bed when the text message came through inviting me out with some of his friends. After determining the where/when, I coerced Anna into accompanying me to said event. She performed beautifully, successfully meeting him for the first time and charming his friends. I like to think I performed appropriately well too. There was dancing, dart throwing, and pool playing - except me who readily admits to sucking at pool. We didn't stick around to close down the bar, but that 6am wakeup for the hospital the next morning seemed pretty darn early.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home