Friday, July 21, 2006

The bad med student

I confess; I am not a good med student. For starters, I have this fearless concept so I miss giving the proper respect to people. And I have a tendency to greet people and talk to them normally, even if they are the head of 'such and such' department. Today for example - I was heading home at 7pm and happened to say 'have a good evening' to a surgeon that walked by.

Him: It's starting to look like it will be. (Begins walking me down the hall.)
Me: Well, I guess, seeing as you are a surgeon and will be here forever.
Him: 'Forever,' that's a little . . . what's the word?
Me: I don't know. Naive? Mean? Sterotypical? Outstandingly presumptous?
Him: *laughs* I like the last one. (Looks around) Do you know where room X is?
Me: (points b/c we are standing right next to it) Right next to X-2
Him: Okay, thanks. You have a good night, honey.

Yeah, I know, 'honey.' Are you kidding me? I'm an M3 who not very subtly made fun of your hours. I have no room to talk, and you still call me honey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home