Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Devil Wears Prada

I successfully saw two movies this past weekend - one with Tobi and one with Anuradha. So let's hit the reviews - on a scale of 1-5. (1 being "my mother's poodle could have made a better movie" and 5 being "I'll convert to this director's religion.")

The Devil Wears Prada - 4
This movie is a comedy, but not a romantic comedy in the 'boy meets girl' sense. It is really more about falling under the spell of fashion and glitter and trading your values for a terrible job that 'a million girls would kill for.' I give this a four because I have been and will be in positions where you will do whatever it takes to meet and please whatever random and illogical whim another person has. I have been told med 3 is alot like this sometimes, and I guess I really felt for that.

On the less positive. The guy who was the romantic competition was not hot enough or a good enough actor. I'm sort of sad that they changed the ending from the book. I would recommend reading the book and watching the movie. I also wish that had outright said something specifically about how stupid it is to starve yourself for fashion. It was implied, but I really wish we had a voice over about our hero regaining the weight or some PSA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home