Saturday, August 12, 2006

It's been a nice day.

The past 24 hours have been uncommonly nice for me. First of all, I got off at about 8pm, and I had about 3 phone messages waiting for me. I called my brother, who is in the process of moving. Then I called my parents since it was their anniversary. Even better, my grandparents were at my house so I got to talk to them too. I'll get to see them in about 3 more weeks.

Then, I got to go out to dinner, that I didn't pay for. With cute boy in tow, I headed over to the med school social event at Skye Bar. For the hourish that I was able to stay awake, I saw a ton of people that I hadn't seen for a few months. Actually, more people wanted to talk to me than I could hold conversations with, which is a little odd to me. Unfortunately, I couldn't quite keep my eyes open and ended up heading home.

Since I wasn't on call, I got to sleep into a glorious - I tell you GLORIOUS - 10 am. Yes, I did wake up before then, but I was able to just keep sleeping anyway. When I did decide to get up, I did my laundry for the first time in 3 weeks. (I have discovered I have enough clothes to last 3 weeks) During laundry I stopped by Giant Eagle to pick up groceries, for the first time in 2 weeks, and got hit on by the bag boy.

I spent the rest of the day catching up on my phone calls, cooking, and studying. I ate my first fresh fruit in about 2 weeks. I had rootbeer floats and some delicious choclate milk, all things I've been missing out on lately. My studying involved me sitting outside and seeing the sun, which once again rocked. It wasn't too hot and not too cold. It was the perfect 'date.' (Have you not seen Miss Congeniality)

And today I will book my tickets to the AMA conference in Las Vegas with one quality abstract behind me.

My day was definitely better than the one other people had in the airpot today. Can't ask for everything I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home