Friday, July 21, 2006

Boys will be boys

Someone glared at me today for doing using my feminine 'wiles' to get information from a patient. I had a teenage boy in my care, and he had a big crush on me. It's not because I'm beautiful or awesome. I'm mysterioiusly older, neat, clean, well dressed, confident, and open w/o being vulnerable. That is way better than what the average high school girl has going for them. Of course its not shocking that boys get crushes on their female med students.

So no one has any right to be remotely pissed off that I used that knowledge to get my point across. Nothing hits harder than a girl you are crushing on telling you that you can get erectile dysfunction and go blind before you die if you don't take your insulin. In fact, don't be pissed that my characteristics that you find attractive, my patients found attractive too. If you have something you need to say, open your mouth and say it, don't glare at me like you think I clubbed your favorite kitten to death.

(No kittens were injured in the posting of this blog)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home