Saturday, June 17, 2006

Nice weather, right? Wrong!

So I was on a date talking about how nice the weather was, and then the worst thought occurred to me. I was returning home for the weekend, and nice weather = hay bales. As a matter a fact, by returning home, I would be forced to participate in that valuable family passtime.

With Dad being so injured since his accident in April, we've been hiring different members of our high school football team to help out. My brother is both sick and in Columbus, so that leaves the daughters to bale hay. Except the married one.

And sure enough, I am home and baling hay. I'm dodging cows, coughing and sneezing like crazy, pulling wagons (I kid you not), and throwing 45 lb bales of hay in 90 degree weather dressed in sweat pants and long-sleeved flannel shirts.

There indeed is nothing quite like this. If you are lucky, I'll have photos to post of this thoroughly character building (demoralizing) experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home