Sunday, May 28, 2006

AerOhio and I

It is a tough week to be AerOhio since someone died today during a tandem jump. The diver apparently 'slipped' out of her harness - and died by hitting the ground at an excess of 120 mph.

It's funny/scary because about a month about 10 OSU med students/affiliates went sky-diving with AerOhio. And last weekend, I think, the OSU sky diving class took about 50-70 students there. A girl in my tap class is in the class, and she is still around. Thinking about my recent experience, I wonder how the person slipped out. They kept checking how tightly I was strapped in, and you are connected to the experienced jumper by 4 hooks. Then that led me to wondering if that nice 22 year-old college student I jumped with was the guy who was hooked to her.

I do know I signed alot of forms before going up, which absolved AerOhio of my possible death - though I could have purchased some type of insurance for 50,000 dollars. I opted to not purchase that, though maybe a fellow Kaplan teacher - D.H. - who recently completed at least jump #39, might want to start thinking about it.

Big shout out to Sanjida who posted on this first and was actually one of the reasons I ever considered jumping out of a plane.

Anyone want to miss OSU med school graduation to come watch my tap performance? Lol, didn't think so. It starts at 7pm in the dance building, but I have no idea who long it will last or when we'll be up. We're dancing to M.I.A.'s 'Pull Up the People.' I can appeal to all males because there will be either lots of girls shaking it on stage - or it is dance with excellent choreography set to a political rant. Girls, same goes for you.

And mostly, I get to do toe stands. Seriously, it is that fun.

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger Sanjida said...

I didn't know you actually went! And with Aer Ohio too. You are a sur-viv-or. Go you. And get back to studying miss blogger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home